Feel great inside and out. This smoothie is a super healthy booster!
Perfect as a morning wake up, comforting drink, or post workout refuel.
It is totally natural, packed with only fresh fruit and vegetables, and accompanied with the pure taste of green tea. Boasting being sugar free, dairy free, gluten free and anything ‘bad’ free, this drink is also brimming with protein and anti-oxidants, perfect to banish the winter bugs.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
- Start by popping the kettle on and making a cup of tea using the 2 teabags *the mug must hold 300ml of water*.
- Steep the tea for no more than 3 minutes and then throw away the teabags.
- Place the cup in the fridge or in a cold place until it has completely cooled.
- Add the banana, pealed pears, spinach, avocado, cooled tea and lime juice to a blender or hand blender, and pulse until completely mixed and smooth.
- For a special aesthetic, pour the smoothie into jam jars and decorate with celery stalks.
If you find you have a little extra, it is delicious on top of yoghurt or porridge in the morning.
Twinings has teamed up with the brilliant healthy food blogger Olivia Huntingford to create some light, fresh and delicious tasting recipes for you to enjoy. We hope you like her creations and don’t forget to take some pictures for us to see! Check out Olivia's blog – Hunting for Health