These are very simple muffins, perfect for the health conscious, or those that want to try something new. They contain no gluten, dairy, or refined sugar but still taste delicious accompanied with a good brew.
Ingredients (Makes 10 Muffins)
||honey (or 70g agave syrup)
||Gluten Free Baking Powder
||Grated Courgette, about half a medium courgette
||Twinings Green & Lemon Tea Bag
||Pinch of Salt
- Start by heating the oven to 170°C.
- Brew the Twinings tea bag in a mug for a few minutes, then remove the bag and add the tea to a medium bowl. Leave this to cool for about 5 minutes.
- While the tea is cooling, grate and weigh the courgette. Use some kitchen towel to help remove the moisture from the courgette by wrapping it up and squeezing with your hands.
- By this time, the tea should have cooled a little. Place the blueberries in the tea for no more than a few minutes.
- Put all your ingredients into a food processor excluding the blueberries and courgette. Blend until smooth.
- Then add the grated courgette and blitz once quickly to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, drain the blueberries, and then fold them into the mixture.
- Arrange your muffin cases in a muffin or cupcake baking tray (so that they hold they’re shape) and fill them half full with the mixture.
- Bake the muffins in the oven for 25 minutes. Once they are cooked, cool them on a wire rack for 10 minutes before tucking in.
This month Twinings is working with the brilliant healthy food blogger Olivia Huntingford to create some healthy ‘free from’ recipes for you to enjoy. Her skills at picking super healthy ingredients but with all the taste are fantastic so we thought we would give her the challenge to incorporate tea into the mix. We hope you like her creations and don’t forget to take some pictures for us to see @TwiningsTeaUK