This is the ultimate tart to impress all your friends and family, great for dinner parties or a spot of afternoon tea.
|2 Tea Bags
Chef Tips: Any of the remaining juice from the peaches can be mixed with sparkling water for a refreshing yummy drink
- Remove the stones from the peaches and quarter.
- Combine the sugar and water and add the Camomile tea bags to a medium saucepan and bring to the boil for 4 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Add the peaches and remove from the heat.
- Allow to sit in the juices for about 20mins then strain the peaches through a fine sieve.
- Remove the skin from the peaches and slice each quarter in half.
- Rub butter, sugar, flour and salt together until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the egg and bring the mixture together
- Chill for 20mins
- Roll out the pastry and line an 8 inch tart tin. Prick the base and chill for a further 10 mins.
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper on top of the tart and weigh it down with baking beans or dried beans.
- Bake for 15mins the remove the beans and bake for a further 5mins.
Method Camomile Tea and Peach Mascarpone Tart
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Fill the cooled tart case with the mixture.
- Arrange the peaches around the tart and brush with some of the syrup.
- Finish the edge of the tart with some flaked almonds.