This delicious Raspberry Fool recipe is one that you will make again and again. Packed full of refreshing and delicious flavours it will make any treat time extra special.
||Very soft butter
||Earl Grey tea
- Steep the tea in the milk for 3 minutes and strain, leaving and earl grey infused milk. Cream the butter, sugar together for a few minutes. Add the flour, cornflour, salt and milk to the mixture and mix till it forms a dough.
- Scoop 1tbsp of the dough and place on a greased baking tray.
- Using a fork dipped in flour, push the fork into the dough to create a criss cross pattern then allow to chill in the oven.
- Bake at 180C for 10-15mins or until golden in colour.
- Place the water and the tea in the saucepan and bring to the boil. Allow to steep for a few minutes then remove the tea bags before adding the raspberries.
- Combine the sugar and cornflour together then add to the raspberry mixture. Cook the mixture until it thickens about 4 minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once the raspberry mixture has cooled. Softly whip the cream and icing sugar till it just starts to hold its shape. Fold in 3/4 of the cooled raspberry mixture.
- Place a bit of the raspberry sauce onto the sides and bottom of the serving glass. Place a raspberry on to the bottom and spoon the raspberry cream on top. Garnish the top of the fools with a drizzle of the raspberry sauce, fresh raspberry and a melting moment.
Now sit back and enjoy this with your favourite cup of tea.