Christmas party nibbles galore worthy of an Earl.
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets or get your fishmonger to do that.
- Pat dry and set aside.
- Toast the earl grey in a dry frying pan for about 2 minutes and allow to cool.
- Combine the citrus zests with the salt and sugar and the cooled earl grey tea bag.
- Lay a sheet of cling film on the bottom of a plastic container and sprinkle on 1/2 of the salt mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on top and sprinkle on the remaining salt mixture.
- Lay another piece of cling film on the top of the salmon and add another container with some jam jars or something heavy placed in it.
- Place this on top of the salmon and leave in the fridge overnight.
Citrus Vanilla Mayonnaise
||Oranges & Lemons Tea Bag
||Pinch of Salt
||Pinch of White Pepper
||Juice from a Lemon
||Juice from a Orange
||Juice from a Lime
||Seeds from ½ a Vanilla Pod
- When ready the salmon should feel firm.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water till the salt mixture has been completely removed.
- Slice thin to serve.
- Warm the olive oil with the contents of the Oranges & Lemons tea bag for 4 minutes.
- Allow to cool down slightly before straining.
- Combine the egg yolks, salt, pepper and mustard together and whisk.
- Gradually add the tea infused olive oil whilst whisking continuously.
- Once all the oil had been added the mixture should be thick.
- Add the citrus juices to the mayonnaise and leave wrapped in the fridge.