Winter Spiced with pistachios, almonds and all things nice.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and infuse with the tea.
- Allow to cool to room temperature then strain and chill in the fridge till firm.
- Once firm, place all the ingredients in a mixer fitted with a paddle and mix until the dough resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add the brewed tea and press into an 8 inch tin lined with foil.
- Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes.
INGREDIENTS - Florentine Topping
||Christmas Tea Loose Tea Caddy
||Mixed Dried Fruit, Finely Chopped
(Raisins, Cranberries, Sultanas)
||Stem Ginger, Chopped
- Brew the tea in the hot water for a few minutes.
- Whilst the tea is hot, soak the fruit in the brewed tea for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the fruit and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the water into a saucepan and reduce until it has thickened and there is about 2 tbsp left.
- Add the sugar, golden syrup and butter and melt together.
- Add the salt then add the nuts, ginger and dried fruit.
- Spoon the mixture over the shortbread and bake for another 10-15 minutes at 180C.
- The top should be a deep golden brown colour and the nuts should be toasty.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.