If you are planning a fabulous garden party this summer for all your friends and family then this is the recipe for you! Our Bejewelled Pomegranate, Raspberry Green Tea Pavlova is the perfect fresh summery pudding that will leave your guests completely wowed.
So what are you waiting for? Get stuck in!
- Preheat the oven to 60C. Line 2 trays with non stick baking parchment. Draw an 8 inch circle on both and flip over so the ink is on the bottom.
- In a heatproof bowl combine the egg whites, sugar and the tea bags. Place over a pan of barley simmering water and warm the egg white mixture until the sugar is dissolved. (Feel the mixture in between your fingers till it is no longer gritty). about 6-8 minutes. Remove the tea bags.
- On a mixer with the whisk attached, whip the egg white mixture till it forms stiff peaks. Add the cornflour and whisk till combined.
- Divide the mixture between the two trays and spread the mixture out into a rough 8 inch circle. Bake the meringues for 1 hour and half. Turn off the oven and allow to cool for at least 2 hours in the oven before removing.
- Warm the cream over a very low heat with the tea bags and allow to infuse for 10 minutes. Pour the mixture into a bowl before chilling down completely. Once chilled whip the cream with the icing sugar till it forms soft peaks.
Pomegranate Raspberry Drizzle
- Add the tea bag to the hot water. Whisk in the cornflour Combine the raspberries with the sugar and pomegranate molasses. Cook the mixture over a low heat till the raspberries soften. Add the cornflour mixture and cook for a few minutes. Add the pomegranate arils and stir. Set aside.
|White chocolate curls
- Place the meringue base on your cake stand or serving platter. Add half the cream and drizzle over some of the sauce. Top with some of the fruit, pistachios, white chocolate and mint leaves.
You can buy free range egg whites from your local supermarket to save you wasting all those egg yolks.
The meringue can be made up to 3-4 days ahead and wrapped in cling film All the components can be made ahead of time and be assembled just before serving.
Then get ready for your fabulous summer garden party!