When we think of the traditional afternoon tea we think of warm fluffy scones, lashings of cream, a huge serving a yummy jam and a big cup of our finest tea.
So we thought we would incorporate the two and bring you this fantastic Strawberry Rose Jam and Almond Scone recipe.
Strawberry Rose Jam
||Strawberry & Raspberry Tea Bags
||Strawberries, Hulled and Chopped
For The Almond Scones
Strawberry Rose Jam Method
Chef Tips: Scum, which is just trapped air my arise when making the jam. Stir the jam in the same direction to prevent this from happening.
- Steep the tea bags in the hot water for 10 minutes. Combine the berry tea and the sugar together heat over a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove a tbsp of this mixture and stir in the pectin.
- Add 1/2 the strawberries, pectin into the saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir for 4 minutes then add the rose extract and the remaining the strawberries.
- Allow the jam to cool before placing into sterilised jars.
Almond Scones Method
- Rub the butter with the flour, almonds, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the sugar, milk and almond extract and mix to combine. Bring together and form a round disk. Chill for 10 minutes
- Pat the round to an inch thick and cut out rounds using a 4cm cutter (do not twist the cutter).
- Carefully brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with flaked almonds
- Bake at 200C for 10-15minutes
Serve with clotted cream and strawberry rose jam.