Semi-frozen pudding sprinkled with caramel sauce and topped off with caramel shards. Sumptuous looks and a luxurious taste.
Caramel Semifreddo Ingredients
||Golden Caramel Rooibos Tea Leaves
||Egg Whites, From a Carton OR 3 Egg Whites
||Caramel Sauce, Store Bought OR Homemade
- Warm the cream with the tea over a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Set aside to cool down, then chill until cold.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and measure out the size of your loaf tin.
- Draw a rectangle slightly smaller than your measurements and set aside. This will be the chocolate template.
- Melt the dark chocolate gently over a pan of simmering water.
- Once melted spread very thinly within the lines of your template.
- Any left over chocolate can be spread on the tray to be chopped after. Set aside to firm up.
- Whip the egg whites till they form soft peaks whilst gradually adding the sugar.
- In a separate bowl whip the cream till it forms soft peaks and fold the egg whites into the cream.
- Pour some of the mixture into the lined loaf tin, swirl in some caramel and sea salt then top with chocolate slabs and a bit more caramel and repeat.
- Freeze for about 8 hours or preferably over night.
- When ready to serve, top with the remaining chocolate and some caramel shards.
- Place the sugar into a saucepan over medium heat.
- The sugar will start to melt and begin to caramelise.
- Swirl the pan to incorporate the sugar but do not stir.
- Once nearly all the sugar has melted you may stir it a little, then pour onto a lined baking tray and allowing to cool before smashing into pieces once hardened.