Salads aren’t just for summer! This is a great dish if you’re craving something light, healthy and refreshing after a heavy winter. The sweet flavours of mango team nicely with the sharp rocket and tangy dressing to make an easy salad which you’ll want to make time and time again.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
||Mango Tango Flavour Green Tea Pyramids
||Extra Virgin Olive Oil
||White Wine Vinegar
- Boil the kettle.
- Wipe the tofu with kitchen paper and cut it into similar sized pieces.
- Steep the teabags in 800ml water for a few minutes and then discard the teabags.
- Place the tofu in a flat dish and cover with 780ml of tea.
- Cover the dish with cling film and leave it in the fridge overnight or for a few hours.
- Take the tofu out of the fridge, pour away the tea and dab the tofu with kitchen towel.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat a little vegetable oil and fry off the tofu for about a minute on each side until they are golden.
- While the tofu is cooking, make the salad dressing.
- Put the olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and 20ml of remaining tea into a jam jar and mix well. *This makes a very light and tangy dressing to accompany the sweet mango*.
- Arrange the rocket in a bowl or on two plates.
- Cut the mango and avocado and add them evenly to the rocket.
- Dab the tofu with kitchen paper and then top the salad with it.
- Finish off with a drizzle of dressing and a sprinkling of chia seeds.
Twinings has teamed up with the brilliant healthy food blogger Olivia Huntingford to create some light, fresh and delicious tasting recipes for you to enjoy. We hope you like her creations and don’t forget to take some pictures for us to see! Check out Olivia's blog – Hunting for Health