Happy, healthy, vegan and 100% scrumptious cake created by Nourishing Amelia
||Twinings Lemon & Ginger Teabags
||Lemon, Juice & Zest
- Infuse 3 Twinings lemon & ginger teabags in boiling water for at least 10 minutes then leave the water to cool for an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Mix the flaxseed with 8 tbsp water and leave to thicken up for a few minutes.
- Cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar in a food processor.
- Combine the oat flour, ground almonds and ground ginger in a mixing bowl.
- Add the tea infused water to the bowl gradually, stirring as you do so.
- Then add the thickened flaxseed mixture, the creamed coconut oil and coconut sugar, the juice & zest of the lemon, the honey and baking powder. Mix well.
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and pour the cake mixture into it.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the cake from the oven and oven with tin foil, then place back into the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool for around 20 minutes before removing from the tin, cutting and digging in.
Twinings has teamed up with the brilliant healthy food blogger Amelia Littlejohn to create some light, fresh and delicious tasting recipes for you to enjoy. Check out Amelia's blog – Nourishing Amelia