These rich, indulgent, nutty chocolate brownies are the most heavenly sweet treat.
Flavoured with Twinings Nutty Chocolate flavour Assam tea they’re perfectly moist, wonderfully sweet and completely irresistible - it’s hard to believe they’re gluten, dairy, egg and refined sugar free.
||Dark Chocolate (Broken Into Small Pieces)
||Cashew Butter (Any Other Nut Butter Should Work Too)
||Coconut Oil (Melted)
||Boiling Water Infused With 2 Nutty Chocolate Flavour Assam Tea
||Pinch of Salt
||Melted Dark Chocolate and Chopped Hazelnut Pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Infuse 2 Nutty Chocolate flavour Assam tea bags in 200ml hot water for 5-6 minutes.
- Combine the ground almonds, buckwheat flour and cacao powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse until they're broken down into small pieces but not ground into a flour. Add them to the mixing bowl along with the chocolate pieces.
- Add the coconut oil, pitted medjool dates, cashew butter, maple syrup and tea infused water to the food processor and blend until a smooth, creamy mixture forms.
- Add this liquid mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Slowly pour in the almond milk, mixing as you do so. Then add a pinch of salt and the baking powder. Mix well until everything is fully combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the brownie mixture into it, spreading evenly.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes, removing when you can poke a knife through the middle and it comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing into squares. Decorate with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate and extra hazelnut pieces!
Twinings has teamed up with the brilliant healthy food blogger Amelia Littlejohn to create some light, fresh and delicious tasting recipes for you to enjoy. Check out Amelia's blog – Nourishing Amelia