Happy, healthy, and 100% scrumptious cake.
||Twinings Lemon & Ginger Teabags
||Lemon, Juice & Zest
- Infuse 3 Twinings lemon & ginger teabags in boiling water for at least 10 minutes then leave the water to cool for an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Mix the flaxseed with 8 tbsp water and leave to thicken up for a few minutes.
- Cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar in a food processor.
- Combine the oat flour, ground almonds and ground ginger in a mixing bowl.
- Add the tea infused water to the bowl gradually, stirring as you do so.
- Then add the thickened flaxseed mixture, the creamed coconut oil and coconut sugar, the juice & zest of the lemon, the honey and baking powder. Mix well.
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and pour the cake mixture into it.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the cake from the oven and oven with tin foil, then place back into the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool for around 20 minutes before removing from the tin, cutting and digging in.