Afternoon teas will never be the same after you have served these indulgent nutty chocolate tarts. These little tarts are filled with velvety chocolate ganache which has been infused with Twinings Nutty Chocolate Assam tea.
INGREDIENTS - Pastry
||Ready To Roll Short Crust Pastry
INGREDIENTS - Chocolate Ganache
||Chocolate (Crown Moulds)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan, gas mark 6)
- Line six tartlet tins with the pastry and trim off any excess, overhanging the sides of the tins.
- Use baking paper to line the inside of each tart and fill with baking beans to blind bake your pastry. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the baking paper and beans and bake for a further 10 minutes, until the pastry cases are dry, crisp and golden in colour.
- Leave the tarts to cool whilst you make the ganache.
- Pour the cream into the saucepan and heat on a medium heat (85C), do not boil. Add the two teabags and leave to simmer for a few minutes to steep.
- Remove the teabags and add the chocolate, leaving it to melt and incorporate with the cream. You may to heat a little bit to help the process.
- Stir the ganache with a spatula or wooden spoon, it might at first look spotty but continue to stir until it comes together.
- Spoon the ganache into each cooled tartlet case and leave to set before serving.
- For an extra finishing touch, create chocolate crowns using a specialised mould and then once set, decorate with edible gold spray.
This recipe was created by our friends over at Baking Mad.