These cranberry, nut & oat bars may look like any other granola bar but they’re definitely more special than that.
These bars are the best texture, they have the most incredible flavour and they’re absolutely loaded with nourishing goodness! They make a powerful pick-me-up snack for that 4pm slump, a great energy boost pre or post workout and even a healthy on-the-go breakfast with a good mixture of healthy fats, carbohydrates and protein.
Enjoy with a cup of English Breakfast Tea or pair with Twinings Cranberry & Blood Orange Tea to bring out the juicy & sweet cranberry taste in the bars.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the oats onto it. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until they turn a golden colour.
- Add the oats to a mixing bowl alongside the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, hazelnuts, puffed quinoa, chia seeds and dried cranberries.
- Place a saucepan over a low-medium heat, add the coconut oil and honey then allow to gently melt.
- Once melted, stir the coconut oil and honey mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Then stir in the cinnamon. Make sure all the ingredients are well combined - they should be nice and sticky!
- Line a tray or container with baking paper. Pour the mixture into the tray or container, making sure it’s well compressed to form granola bars.
- Place into the freezer for about an hour to set.
- Remove and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Then cut into granola bars, ready to enjoy!
Keep refrigerated and consume within a week.
Twinings has teamed up with the brilliant healthy food blogger Amelia Littlejohn to create some light, fresh and delicious tasting recipes for you to enjoy. Check out Amelia's blog – Nourishing Amelia