Coconut macaroons with a twist. They’re gluten free, they’re refined sugar free and they’re suitable for vegans, but these raspberry coconut macaroons are anything but boring. They’re sweet, they’re moreish and they’re indulgent. Just try not to eat the whole batch in one go.
||Desiccated Coconut (Plus Extra for Sprinkling on Top)
||Freeze-dried Raspberry Pieces
||Pinch of Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Put the coconut oil into a bowl and place into the oven for 3-4 minutes to melt.
- Combine the ground almonds, desiccated coconut and freeze-dried raspberry pieces in a bowl.
- Add the cashew butter, melted coconut oil, honey, water and pinch of salt then stir everything well until fully combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, then form the macaroon mixture into balls using your hands. Place them on the baking tray - you should make 8-10 macaroons.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, simply add the dark chocolate to a saucepan over a low heat and let it melt slowly.
- Once the macaroons are cooled, drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and sprinkle a little more desiccated coconut on the top.
Keep in an air-tight container and consume within 3 days.
Twinings has teamed up with the brilliant healthy food blogger Amelia Littlejohn to create some light, fresh and delicious tasting recipes for you to enjoy. Check out Amelia's blog – Nourishing Amelia