Yay for Waffle Day!
Happy, healthy, and 100% scrumptious waffles created by Nourishing Amelia
Ingredients (makes 2 large waffles)
||Twinings Strawberry & Raspberry tea bags
||Oats Flour (Oats Ground Into Course Flour)
||Melted Coconut Oil
- Brew the Strawberry & Raspberry tea bags in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Combine the chia seeds with 6 tbsp water and leave to form a gel-like consistency. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the buckwheat flour, oat flour and baking powder to a bowl.
- Mash the ripe banana and add this to the bowl of dry ingredients, as well as the now thickened chia seed mixture, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Remove the tea bags from the water and slowly pour this in to the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Make sure your waffle maker is hot and ready to use, then brush both waffle plates with a little coconut oil - this makes the outside of the waffles perfectly crisp and prevents sticking!
- Pour in about half the waffle batter and cook on a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes (depending on the size of the waffle and your
machine). Remove the waffle carefully from the machine, and repeat with the rest of the batter. This recipe makes 2 large waffles.
- Top with fresh strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate seeds and maple syrup. Enjoy with a cup of Twinings Strawberry & Raspberry Herbal Tea or Twinings English Breakfast Tea.
Twinings has teamed up with the brilliant healthy food blogger Amelia Littlejohn to create some light, fresh and delicious tasting recipes for you to enjoy. Check out Amelia's blog – Nourishing Amelia