Our Gingerbread Green Tea Fudge is absolutely heavenly and will make your run up to the big day extra festive. Get the Christmas songs on and start cooking.
Gingerbread Green Tea Fudge
||A can of Condensed Milk
||Gingerbread Green Tea Bags
||Semi Skimmed Milk
||Soft Brown Sugar
||Pieces Stem Ginger, Chopped
||Crushed Ginger Cookies for Garnish
- Line a 6 inch square tin with greaseproof paper
- Slowly bring the milk, cream and tea bags to the boil and allow to steep for 5 minutes whilst simmering over a low heat. Squeeze out the liquid from the tea bag using the back of a spoon and discard.
- Add the condensed milk, sugars and treacle and allow the sugars to dissolve. Raise the heat to medium and slowly bringing the mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom from burning. Once boiled reduce the heat and cook the mixture till a sugar thermometer reaches 114C-116C. Stir occasionally. Once the heat reaches the temperature pour the mixture into a large bowl and cool till slightly warm.
Chef Tip: For a fudge that isn’t as thick, use a 8 inch square tin instead.
- Once slightly warm beat in the butter, ground ginger and some of the stem ginger pieces, reserving some for the garnish. Beat the mixture till the fudge begins to loose it’s shine about 3 minutes.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the remaining stem ginger and crushed ginger cookies, pushing it down into the fudge.
- Yields 32 pieces
So when your 32 pieces of delicious fudge are ready the only sensible thing to do is eat. Share these around your festive friends and family and enjoy with a cup of Christmas tea.
Happy Festive Baking Times.