Valentine's chocolate cake
Take one times fool-proof recipe (all you need is a bowl, a microwave and ... love) for the most heavenly chocolate sponge and choose one of four ideas of how to turn this into the best Valentine's Day pudding ever!
||Twinings Swiss Chocolate powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together until properly combined ( = using electric whisk or wooden spoon).
- Lightly grease a microwave-safe dish like a glass bowl or ceramic oven dish.
- Pour in mixture and make sure the top is level.
- Microwave for 7 minutes at 900 Watts (= full power).
- Wait for a couple of minutes then cover the bowl with a plate or tray and turn out the cake.
- Once the cake has cooled completely you can get creative.
How To Serve
- Slice into two layers and sandwich them together again with chocolate icing (available ready-to-use from any supermarket). Cover the top with the remaining icing and add a few pretty strawberries on top. For extra special effects, cut the sponge into a heart shape before you add the icing.
- Turn into a trifle by layering it with whipped cream and raspberries.
- Serve warm in a bowl with salted caramel fudge sauce or ice cream.
- Take an A4 sheet of paper, cut out a heart shape and use as a stencil to add an icing sugar heart to the surface of the cake.
Happy best Valentine's Day ever!