Ingredients - Fruit Mixture
Ingredients - Cake Mixture
||Self Raising Flour
||Bicarbonate of Soda
You will need a 900g/2lb loaf tin, measuring 23x13x7cm, greased and lined.
- Place all the ingredients for the fruit mixture in a saucepan. Heat so that the butter melts and the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 140c Fan/ 160c / Gas 3.
- Remove the Tea Bags from the Fruit Mixture and tip the mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the Eggs, Flour, Bicarbonate of soda and mix well, then fold in the nuts.
- Put the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 60-75 minutes making sure you check the cake at 60 minutes. If it looks too brown and needs more time, cover the top with foil.
- The cake is done when a skewer comes out clean.
- When the cake is ready leave to cool completely in the tin before turning out.
- You can decorate it with marzipan, or it is delicious spread with a little butter.
Enjoy with a cup of Twinings Christmas Spiced Tea.