These are the easiest cupcakes in the world. No fiddling about, no complicated icing - just pretty little glittery things to serve with your favourite cup of festive tea.
||Golden Cupcake Paper Cases
Ingredients - for the cheaters
||Ready-to-bake Cupcake Mix
Bake according to instructions on the packet
Ingredients - for the bakers
||Sparkling Water or Lemonade
Ingredients - Icing & Decorating
|Cake Picks (i.e. Gold Foil Star)
|Edible Gold Dust
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a 12-hole cupcake tin with the golden paper cases.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Optional: add additional ingredients i.e. banana & chocolate chip cookies or apples & a bit of cinnamon for wintery flavour.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the finished cupcakes from the tin and place on a cake rack or plate to cool.
- For the icing, add three tablespoons of icing sugar to a bowl. Add a little bit of water at a time and mix with the icing sugar until you get a a slightly runny sugar paste.
- Dip the top of the muffin into the sugar paste and place muffin back on the plate.
- Sprinkle with edible gold dust and add cake picks.
- Serve with your favourite cup of tea or hot chocolate.