Some things in life are perfectly matched - such as the strong, rich flavour of Assam and the sweetness of chocolate that together, create a deep, intoxicating flavour. We'd recommend using plain chocolate with a high cocoa content (e.g. 75%) to optimise the flavours and of course, Twinings tea bags. Thank you to Danadi's Kitchen for the inspiration!
- Preheat the over to 170°C
- Grease the tin with butter and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Alternatively melt in the microwave on medium for 3mins, stirring occasionally.
- Then heat the milk and tear open two Twinings Assam Teabags and leave the tea granules to soak up the aromas. Add the tea milk to the melted chocolate mix.
- Separate the eggs, yolks in one bowl and whites in the other.
- Then mix the egg yolk, flour, sugar and salt together before adding the warm chocolate mix.
- Beat the egg white until it forms soft peaks and add it carefully to the mixture, stirring until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the ingredients into your greased cocoa powder lined tin.
- Bake the cake for approximately 25 minutes until the sides are slightly shrinking away from the tin and a skewer or cake tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
We'd recommend serving this up with one of our Black Teas or if you want something fresher, how about a cup of Peppermint Tea to really get your taste buds singing?